The European Movement in Scotland is a self-funding organisation receiving no funding from any Government or departmental body. The lifeblood of our organisation is our membership. We rely solely on volunteers, gifts of services and financial contributions from our membership. There is a lot of work we would like to do and the better our finances the more we can achieve.
As a member you will receive the following benefits:
- Receive our newsletter
- Vote at meetings.
- Receive prior notification of meetings.
- Benefit from reduced fees at some of our meetings.
- Have a warm glow from knowing you are helping to promote cooperation between Scotland and Europe.
- Full Membership (Individual): £25
- Joint Membership (couples living at same address): £35
- Senior Membership (in receipt of state pension): £10
- Joint Senior Membership (Senior Citizen couple): £20
- Unwaged Membership: £10
- Student Membership (Matriculated Students): £0
Please fill in the form below and click the submit button before continuing onto your preferred payment methods. So that we can tie-up your submission form with your payment method please quote your name and postcode as a reference.
Our membership secretary will be in touch with you shortly.
- Standing Order: There follows a standing order form if you wish to use it. To cover any queries that may arise, and for your own security, please set up the standing order yourself at your bank.
- Bank Transfer: Details below**. (PLEASE NOTE: when you are asked for a reference when setting up payment, it will help us greatly for you to list your name and postcode or telephone number so that we can differentiate between you and someone else with the same name.)
- By Cheque: to be made payable to the European Movement Scottish Council and posted to The Treasurer, The European Movement in Scotland, c/o Orbit Communications , 4 Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1JE
- PayPal – please use button below and include your name/postcode in the description field at payment.
Here are our bank details:
Bank of Scotland, 38 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YR
A/c Name: The European Movement (Scottish Council)
Sort Code: 80-11-00
Account Number: 00285169
IBAN: GB78 BOFS 8011 0000 2851 69
The personal information we hold about you on electronic file is confined to your relationship with the European Movement in Scotland. We hold the contact details you offer us, joining and renewal dates, and any areas of expertise, experience and ongoing interest you have chosen to convey to us.
We use your personal data to run the organisation of the European Movement in Scotland, to tell you about EMiS activities and events and to keep you in touch with news and developments central to the EMiS mission to promote Scottish participation in a united and prosperous Europe. We’ll bring to your notice diary-dates for EMiS events and for events led by other European-focused individuals and organisations with whom we are in regular contact.
We will not pass any of your personal information outside of EMiS other than to facilitate regular contact with you through the newsletter distribution software and the membership email platform which we use.
Your information will not be passed to other third-parties (other than required by law), unless you give us permission to do so.
You can withdraw from your relationship with EMiS at any time by notifying us. We will stop contact with you, but retain your contact details for a period of one year in the event that you may wish to reinstate the relationship. Thereafter your contact details will be deleted. You can otherwise instruct us to delete the information straightaway.
Unsubscribe from the Newsletter and from email contact:
By way of the Unsubscribe link at the end of the Newsletter, the Contact Us link on the website banner menu, or by writing to:
The European Movement in Scotland
c/o Orbit Communications
4 Queen Street
By way of email to: